Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cornegy 2009: Chances Are

BROOKLYN, NEW YORK - Chances are the reason why you live in the Bedford-Stuyvesant and Crown Heights Communities go something like this:

* You have roots here

* You were born here

* You have or had family here

* You want to establish yourself in a neighborhood that has community

Those are a few of the most popular reasons, but at the heart of pretty much every reason why folks do live here is the need to belong to a cultural community. The beauty of Brookyln, New York is its diversity.

Here's What's So Great About Being A Bedford-Stuyvesant Resident

I live in Bedford-Stuyvesant because of the people who live in our community. It's a beautiful community and I feel very blessed to live here with my family and raise my children here.

I am a resident, homeowner and a stakeholder in the Bedford-Stuyvesant community. I care about our community and what happens to it. I care about the people who live in our Bedford-Stuyvesant and Crown Heights communities.

I am a grass roots' community civic leader from Bedford-Stuyvesant committed to bringing about a positive change in my community.

I have expressed optimism about the future despite the economic downturn, higher unemployment, higher job losts and even though consumer prices are rising, family budgets and many saving plans are shrinking.

Bedford-Stuyvesant and Crown Heights property values have increased significantly in recent years, resulting in higher taxes. The increase taxes is hurting many low and moderate income homeowners.

As a member of the city council, I will be the kind of public servant our Bedford-Stuyvesant and Crown Heights communities need. One who cares. I have demonstrated my commitment to our community. I have a history of serving the underserved in our community.

I entered the political arena 15 years ago because I wanted to help the underserved in our community. All my civic endeavors is geared to enhance the quality of life for people who live in Central Brooklyn. I enjoy representing the interests of the public.

My candidacy is based on the fact that I am the 'Bridge to the 21st Century'. I have a vision and comprehensive plan for the future of Central Brooklyn. A five point plan which is inclusive of:

* public safety

* economic development

* education

* housing and

* social services

I am a strong passionate articulate advocate and a "Voice In Action and A Voice Of Change For The Voiceless" for children who don't vote, don't contribute to political campaigns and have no voice or clout. Often times, they have no hope either.

I am devoted to nuturing my children. I have engaged in various academic and social enrichment activities in support of Brooklyn youth. Because, I know opportunities for our youth and their future belongs to those who prepare for it.

I am a strong advocate and a "Voice In Action and A Voice Of Change For The Voiceless" for teenagers to find healthy activities to have fun. Exciting and productive activities that don't involve drugs and/or alcohol include getting involve with the performing arts, music, trying out for the school play, or sports team, joining school clubs or volunteering in the community.

I am a strong advocate for education. I know education is the gateway to getting the necessary skills to building a good life. It has become increasingly difficult to advance in society without a high school degree and some level of higher education.

I am a strong advocate and a prominent "Voice In Action and A Voice Of Change For The Voiceless" for the disparity that exist in our Central Brooklyn communities poorest dilapidated neighborhoods. I believe in providing affordable housing and rent.

I believe in helping people, especially people who are in crisis find healthy ways to deal with their life challenges and stress.

One of the best ways to improve economics in the Bedford-Stuyvesant and Crown Heights communities and to ensure that our local business development flouish.

One of my community goals is to help people who live in the Bedford-Stuyvesant and Crown Heights communities to improve opportunities and the quality of their lives.

The challenge and task at hand is providing opportunities, especially economic opportunities.

In speaking engagements and my Cornegy 2009 Blog, I continued to advocate for job creation and entrepreneurship. This is an ideal time to explore new possibilities and a new career path.

I will work diligently to building and leveraging relationships, advocating on behalf of my community and bringing back allocated resources.

Having a passion in our lives is important for our mental health and personal happiness. My passion is being an advocate and of service to people in our community.

I believe it is very important to be an involved and active community member. I encourage you to have pride, become active and involved in our community. Make a committment to help make the changes you want to see.

Vote Cornegy. Vote Robert E. Cornegy, Jr.

New York City Primary Election: Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New York City General Election: Tuesday, November 3, 2009


Enjoy your day!

Robert E. Cornegy, Jr.

Your Future Councilman For The 36th District

P. S. Make your opinion count with a comment below.

Go ahead make my day tell me what you think. Your opinions are important to me.

Robert E. Corngey, Jr.

Candidate for Brooklyn's 36th District City Council Seat

Cornegy 2009 - Chances Are

No comments:

Post a Comment