Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cornegy 2009: Live, Work And Play In Bed-Stuy And Crown Heights

"BROOKLYN, NEW YORK - Live, Work And Play In Bed-Stuy And Crown Heights".

I am Robert E. Cornegy, Jr. I am a democrat running for New York City 36th District Council Seat!

I have been in the political arena as a community activist and community organizer since 1994 and I am still going strong. My agenda is simply. I love Brooklyn, New York.

I am a resident of Central Brooklyn. I live in Bedford Stuyvesant. I have many friends who live in Crown Heights. I shop and support the businesses in Crown Heights.

I am people-oriented. I am a family man. I am just like you, I want the best for my family. Just like you I have hopes and dreams for myself and my family's future.

I want to enhance the quality of life for you and your family in the 36th District. I will serve everyone in the 36th District as your next elected City Council person.

I believe everyone has the right to pursue happiness and the right to be happy and live life without longing.

I have strong ties to my church and to my community and to the people who live in my community especially, those who are underserved.

I have never wavered politically in my concerns for those who are underserved. I am a firm believer of equality, civil rights and civil liberties.

This includes people with alternative lifestyles, people with domestic partners, people with mental, emotional and physical health challenges...

I want to enhance the quality of life and living in central Brooklyn, New York. I pledged my commitment to the Bedford Stuyvesant and Crown Heights communities to serve you when elected as a New York City Council person at the Grand Opening of my Cornegy 2009 Campaign Office on Thursday August 13th, 2009.

I am ready to do what has to be done. I am willing to continue to diligently fight and advocate as an elected official for people living in my community.

I have been a long time advocate for equal rights, comprehensive health care, improved schools, affordable housing and public safety. I work vigilantly on behalf of all Central Brooklyn community members.

I believe in initiatives and policies that improve people's lives.

As your next elected New York City Council person I will bring a new perspective to Central Brooklyn diverse population and the challenges facing our Bedford Stuyvesant and Crown Heights communities.

I know the 36th District well, I am in tune with the needs and aspirations of the people and I can make a substantial difference in the lives of the men, women and children who live here.

I will continue my commitment to fight for improve services and resources for Central Brooklyn: better educational opportunities for all children, greater access to health care for you and your family, more affordable housing, greater economic development, more efficient public transportation and safer streets.

My highest priority is the safety and well being of my constituents.

I feel I have a chance to make it, with your support.

I want YOUR Support. I want YOUR VOTE!

Six or more candidates are on the ballot in the 36th District City Council Race. The difference of just a few votes -- fewer than 100 in some cases -- could mean the difference between victory and defeat. I encourage you to get out and vote.

Thanks for visiting. Don't Forget To VOTE.

New York City Primary Election: Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New York City General Election: Tuesday, November 3, 2009


Poll Site Locator

Robert E. Cornegy, Jr.

Your Future Councilman For The 36th District


Cornegy 2009: Live, Work And Play In Bed-Stuy And Crown Heights

No comments:

Post a Comment